Thursday, August 15, 2013

Student Voice Weekly Meetings

Thank you to all who came out to the first Student Voice meeting this past Tuesday. We had a lot of 6th graders attend, which is great! My hope is that this group will continue to grow more and more each week.

Remember - Student Voice is YOUR group! If you are interested in making a difference school-wide, then come join us every Tuesday during lunch in room D-28. All you need to do is grab your lunch and join us!

At our first meeting, I asked "Why are you interested in Student Voice?" Here are some of the responses:

"I am interested in Student Voice because it gives students a chance to speak up."

"I like the idea of creating events and giving my opinion"

"I am interested because I want to try something new."

"I like managing things with my friends and thinking about new ideas. I like to hear problems and try to fix them."

"I want to be heard."

I love the positive energy of this group. At our next meeting, we will discuss ideas for Assemblies and cool things to do with this blog.

If you are leader (or want to be one)....join Student Voice!

Thanks - Mr. Tuttle


No comments:

Post a Comment